YAWL runs on Tomcat with the default Port 8080. To change this port to for example 8090 you have to change all of the URLs in the web.xml deployment descriptors in the webapps folder as well. Otherwise the custom services will not find a running YAWL instance.
Attention: Please change all ports before you first startup YAWL. It seems, that YAWL stores URLs within its database and refers to it later. Otherwise you must find the entries and change them also.
Let's assume that YAWL_HOME is C:\YAWL4Study-2.3.5final, then you should change all occurences of port 8080 to 8090 in the following files:
- YAWL_HOME/engine/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/conf/server.xml - which is the tomcat configuration file.
- YAWL_HOME/bin/startup.bat / or .sh
- All web.xml files under YAWL_HOME/engine/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps must be checked and changed.
- Under Windows it is easy to find all of these. Just type web.xml within the folder /webapps in the explorer's search box and open the found files to changed the port (see picture below)
- After YAWL starts up normally (no errors, that services can not be found). You can acces the control panel under http://localhost:8090/resourceService/faces/Login.jsp
- You should also set the engine connection to the new port in YAWL editor (under Settings menu entry)
(Notice: This tutorial is based on YAWL version 2.2.x)